Last Updated on
Table of Contents
Everyone dreams of landing a job that can help them establish a foothold in their lives and work toward that stable career. You’ve prepared for it for almost half your life, training, networking, delaying gratification; all for that golden dream of living the good life and providing for the people you love. But often, after that successful interview or probationary period as a newbie at work, something will stand in the way, a run-of the-mill drug test.
Some people will shrug their shoulders and say, “No big deal” at the thought of a drug test. To a portion of the population, however, drug tests give nothing but anxiety and uncertainty. Who likes the idea of fruitless hard work anyway? You groomed and trained yourself to be worthy of a lucrative job, only to stumble at something that invades your off-work privacy like a drug test.
So What’s The Answer?
There are ways to beat a drug test and all it takes is a little resourcefulness and courage. Urine drug tests are the most common way to screen for drugs and there are a plethora of fake urine products online to help you work around the system. However, there’s another type of drug screen that can be a bit tricky to beat: hair follicle drug tests.
As the name implies, a hair follicle drug test involves using a single hair strand sample to look for traces of drugs such as marijuana, amphetamines, and opiates. It may seem like a no-brainer that the best way to work around this type of drug test is to simply shave your head. However, you wouldn’t want to raise any suspicion, would you? Dodging a hair follicle drug test that way might cause more harm than good.
Luckily, there’s a method you can turn to, the Jerry G. Method. If you ever find yourself at a loss in the face of a drug test, then read on and be enlightened by the Jerry G method.
What Is The Jerry G Method?
The Jerry G method is a process that can detoxify your hair from traces of drugs. The method was developed in 2008 by a popular cannabis user who went by the nickname “Jerry G” in an old marijuana forum. This eight-step process was designed to break down the hair’s outer layer (the cuticle) so that the drug metabolites can be removed from the inner layer (the cortex).
If you are ready to try out the Jerry G method, make sure that you have the following before you begin:
- A permanent, hair dye kit that matches your natural hair color and contains ammonia. The ammonia ingredient is necessary, lest the method might not work.
- A bottle of bleach.
- A paste of baking soda.
- A bottle of detox shampoo. You can use your favorite brand but our recommended detox shampoos include “Old Style Toxin Shampoo (read full review)” and “Zydot Ultra Clean”.
- A set of new combs. Yes, you have to get rid of your old combs to prevent recontamination on your hair.
Once you have everything ready, you can then follow the steps listed below. Please take note that if you have hair that is longer than six inches, you may have to follow the steps several times more than usual.
- Make sure that you stop using marijuana or any drug at least 10 days before the drug test.
- On the first day after ceasing your drug use, bleach your hair and then use the hair dye kit to bring it back to its usual hair color. Again, make sure that you use a hair dye kit that contains ammonia.
- Afterward applying the bleach and the hair dye kit, wash your hair thoroughly with your preferred brand of detox shampoo. Do not use a hair blower. We’re trying to reduce the hair damage as much as possible.
- Repeat the entire process after 10 days. Bleach, dye, and then wash again with detox shampoo.
- A few hours before the test, apply a paste of baking soda on your hair. Leave it on for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash off the baking soda with detox shampoo again and you should be ready for the hair follicle drug test.
How Effective is The Jerry G Method?
So far, online testaments show that the Jerry G method has been effective and produced good success rates in beating hair follicle drug tests. People who swear by the Jerry G method noted that it’s relatively cheaper compared to the alternative Macujo method.
One important piece of advice to ensure the effectiveness of the Jerry G method is to replace every comb, hairbrush, and hair accessories you’ve been using after doing the process. The entire point of the Jerry G method is to essentially replace your old hair. Your old hair grooming products may still have traces of the drug and using them again defeats the method. If you also have thick hair, you might want to repeat the process several times than usual.
On the other hand, as rudimentary and effective as the process sounds in theory, anyone using the Jerry G method might risk permanent damage on the treated hair. In fact, some users recommend cutting your hair off completely after passing the test. The damage on the hair might become extensive and palpable after repeating bleaching and the dye part of the process.
In the end, despite the success rate of the Jerry G method, the decision to use this method lies solely on your hands. It’s cheaper than any other method available out there while boasting of an equally good success rate. If it means keeping your job or landing that dream career, then any risk would be worth it.